Top prospect Shane Bowers commits to BU

The star-studded prospects just keep on coming for BU head coach David Quinn and the Boston University men’s hockey team.

After receiving a commitment from Dylan Peterson yesterday, USHL center and top 2017 NHL draft prospect Shane Bowers tweeted out his commitment to BU today. Bowers, 17, is one of seven Terrier commits eligible to play next season.

The Canadian-born Bowers is currently in the midst of his second year with the Waterloo Black Hawks of the USHL. He has five goals and four assists through nine games played. The 6-foot, 170 pound center also played for the Canada Under-18 squad in the Hlinka Memorial Cup this year, scoring once in four games.

Bowers is known for his limitless potential and playmaking on the offensive end. With the current Terriers’ squad stacked on offense, it looks like Bowers should have no problem fitting right in on Commonwealth Avenue next season. Here are some more reactions on Bowers’ decision.

https://twitter.com/USHockeyWire/status/791762863643881472

1. YES, another first-rounder!!
    https://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

This is huge!!

2. The BU hockey program is run so much like a professional organization athletes and NHL teams want players to go there. It does not surprise me that the coaching staff who are the best in the country sell the program the way they do. We are fortunate to have the best coaches in college hockey?

3. let’s hope this staff wins a few titles before DQ perhaps takes off for the NHL

on the site Glenn posted, let’s hope the #4 prospect never makes it to the Heights

4. I get the feeling that Quinn sees this as a long-term career position. He may be here for a long time. Fingers crossed! Yes Vinnie, let’s hope that Tolvanen goes the major junior route … though his decision to play in the USHL this year makes me think otherwise. Either way, we will have enough firepower to counter him. When I look at the USHL stats, both Crone and Bowers are ahead of him in scoring … so far.

5. Good points, Glenn. Thank you. Vescey seems to be doing well for you Blue Shirts

6. Yes Vinnie; I am definitely warming up to Vesey. He’s become quite productive for my Rangers. They have developed an allergy to first round draft picks over the last five or so years. So, the signing of guys like Vesey and Hayes have helped tremendously. I hope former Terrier Adam Clendening works his way back into the Ranger lineup. I’m always a happier Rangers fan when there is at least one Terrier on the team. Of course there is excellent representation in the front office with Drury and Greeley.