Odds and ends: Facebook, NHL combine and more

Hope everyone is having a good summer! With the NHL draft looming in less than three weeks, we’ve got plenty to talk about — here’s a taste of what’s to come.

-First things first — we’re on Facebook! Be sure to give us a like and share. We’ll be posting content there all summer and all season. (Haven’t you always wanted to get BU hockey updates in your newsfeed? Now you can!)

-All eyes were on Jack Eichel at the NHL Combine this weekend, and for good reason. The projected second overall pick for the upcoming draft placed in the top 10 of seven different events. (Compare that to projected No. 1 pick Connor McDavid, who finished in the top 10 in three events).

-BU recruit Jordan Greenway was in the top 10 at the combine in terms of pull-ups (12). He also had the fourth-largest wingspan (80.5 inches) of anyone at the combine.

-A.J. Greer “strongly thinks” his good pal Eichel will be drafted first overall.

-And, well, maybe Eichel himself does, too? Apparently Eichel told Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray that he thinks he’s the best player in the draft. Naturally, overreaction ensued, but Jack explained himself.

-Still no official schedule released for BU for the upcoming 2015-16 season, but we already know a few games based on other teams releasing their schedules and other channels. Here are those:

Oct. 10 — at Union
Oct. 17 — home vs. Wisconsin
Oct. 31 — home vs. Denver
Nov. 28 — Red Hot Hockey vs. Cornell at Madison Square Garden
Feb. 1 and Feb. 8 — Beanpot semifinal and final. Pending weather, of course, if it’s anything like last season.

-ICYMI, some BU and BC alumni will be playing in a charity game in July to raise money for ALS research.