BU and BC alums to skate in 1st annual Comm Ave Charity Classic

In a little over a month on July 10 at 7 p.m., current and former NHL and AHL stars will take the ice at Walter Brown Arena for the first annual Comm Ave Charity Classic. The game pits alums from Boston University against those from Boston College to help benefit Compassionate Care ALS in honor of those affected by Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

So far on the roster for the Terriers are Scott Young (St. Louis Blues – BU ’87), Jay Pandolfo (New Jersey Devils – BU ’96), Freddy Meyer (Philadelphia Flyers – BU ’03), Wade Megan (Florida Panthers – BU ’13), Charlie Coyle (Minnesota Wild – BU ’14), Adam Clendening (Vancouver Canucks – BU ’14) and Chris Bourque (New York Rangers – BU ’05).

The BC lineup is a little more fleshed out, as the Eagles will reunite Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames – BC ’15), Kevin Hayes (NYR – BC ’14) and Bill Arnold (CAL – BC ’14). Other standouts include Chris Kreider (NYR – BC ’13), Jimmy Hayes (FLA – BC ’12), Brian Leetch (NYR – BC ’87) and Mike Mottau (Boston Bruins – BC ’00), among others.

While the hockey game is the main event, there will also be a silent auction, raffles, giveaways and an opportunity to meet the players.

Tickets are $10 and are on sale through Ticketmaster or the Agganis Arena ticket office.