Fresh off of a 6-4 victory over the U.S. National Under-18 Team Saturday night, the Boston University men’s hockey team will look to continue its hot start to the 2014-15 season this weekend when it hosts both Michigan State University and the University of Michigan at Agganis Arena.
Here are a few links and posts to keep you up to date on news regarding the Terriers and the rest of Hockey East:
– Andrew looks at the advanced stats from BU’s 6-4 victory over Team USA.
– Forward Liam Coughlin – who was previously reported to have committed to BU – announced his commitment to the University of Vermont.
– BU women’s hockey senior captain Marie-Philip Poulin was named Hockey East Player of the Week after registering four points in two games against defending NCAA champion Clarkson University over the weekend.
– Jeff Cox of SB Nation gave BU the top spot in his weekly Hockey East power rankings.
– The University of Connecticut made a big statement Tuesday night, defeating No. 15 Quinnipiac University, 4-1, to earn its first win of the season.
– BU College of Communication junior Adam Freides captured this great slow-motion video of Ahti Oksanen’s third-period goal against the U.S. National Under-18 team Saturday night.
Tweet of the Day:
In 4 games (1 exhibition) NU’s entire roster has 10 points. In just 3 games (2 exhibitions) Eichel has 12 points.
— BurntBoats (@BurntBoats) October 21, 2014