Introducing the 2020-21 Boston Hockey Blog staff

With the off-season upon us, the Boston Hockey Blog is excited to introduce the writing staff for the 2020-21 hockey season. While many things are still up in the air for the upcoming year, BHB will continue to provide updates and coverage for all things BU.

Joe Pohoryles

Joe is a journalism major in the College of Communication in the Class of 2023. He was on the men’s ice hockey beat for WTBU Sports last season, where he continues to broadcast games and produce content for other sports. Joe is also involved with Terrier Nation at BUTV10.

A Marylander born in Washington, D.C., Joe is an avid fan of the area’s sports teams, including the Washington Capitals for the NHL. He runs his own DC sports blog, The Wildcard, in his spare time.

Joe is excited to bring his BU Hockey coverage to the Boston Hockey Blog as the Terriers look to pick up some hardware in the 2020-21 season.

Caroline Fernandez

Caroline is a sophomore in the Questrom School of Business, majoring in business administration. An active follower of Terrier athletics, Caroline worked as a photographer for the women’s hockey and lacrosse teams for the Daily Free Press last year, and plans to continue covering other sports throughout the 2020-21 season. 

Although she’s a New Yorker, Caroline was born in Boston and leaves her loyalties with the state of Massachusetts. To her family’s dismay, she chooses Boston over any of the professional New York sports teams. 

Caroline can’t wait to get into the press box to cover the next season of Terrier Hockey with the Boston Hockey Blog as the team works out some unfinished business.

Chad Jones

Chad is a senior studying journalism in the College of Communication. He was the Daily Free Press’s professional hockey columnist last spring semester, as well as both a writer and radio host for WTBU Sports. Two profiles he wrote on Boston media members are the two most read posts in the website’s history. 

While Chad is from Huntington Beach California, he is a passionate fan of all four professional Boston sports teams. He is also a writer for the New England sports blog Believe in Boston Sports

As a community college transfer student, Chad is looking forward to his fifth and final year in college. In his third year at Boston University, Chad is thrilled to be a part of the Daily Free Press’ coverage of Terrier Hockey for the 2020-21 campaign.

The BHB staff is excited to get started and to keep our readers up to date during these unprecedented times. Make sure to follow us on twitter @BOShockeyblog, and, as always, go BU.

3 thoughts on “Introducing the 2020-21 Boston Hockey Blog staff”

1. Great to hear about all of you. Looking forward to reading and meeting you all. Go bu 🐾

2. I extend a warm welcome to Joe, Caroline and Chad and wish them all the best in their endeavors at the BHB … and in life in general.

Joe: I assume you know how special a place the DC area is for BU Hockey (2009 National Title).

Caroline: I’m a New Yorker too and studied at Questrom.

Chad: Like you, I did my first two years at a community college and then transferred to BU.