Off-Ice News

Amonte, Farrance, Kotkansalo to be assistant captains for 2021-20 season

On Saturday afternoon, BU men’s hockey head coach Albie O’Connell announced that rising seniors Ty Amonte, David Farrance and Kasper Kotkansalo will serve as assistant captains for the 2020-21 season.

All three veteran Terriers will be wearing a letter for the first time in their respective careers, assisting senior captain Logan Cockerill, who wore an “A” with Patrick Harper and Cam Crotty this past season in support of captain Patrick Curry.

O’Connell expressed his excitement about his upcoming leadership group in a team statement published on Saturday afternoon.

“These four will carry over and enhance the strong culture that this year’s captains helped to build,” said O’Connell in the team’s release. “I’m proud of how all four of these guys have grown and matured over the past three years and I’m looking forward to having them lead this squad.”

Next fall, Amonte is set to be a redshirt junior in terms of eligibility after missing the entirety of the 2019-20 season due to injury. With the appointment of senior blueliners Farrance and Kotkansalo, three of BU’s four four-year skaters will be a part of the leadership group. Senior forward Jake Witkowski rounds out the Class of 2021, having skated in 33 games over three seasons.

Farrance led the Terriers in points (43) and assists (29) this past season, advancing to 21-51-72 totals in 102 games as a Terrier. Kotkansalo recorded a team-best 50 blocks to go along with eight assists, extending his streak of playing in every game over the last three seasons, good for a total of 112 appearances. Amonte has tallied 25 points on 14 goals and 11 assists in 73 games with BU, scoring and assisting eight times apiece in 2018-19.

1. Congratulations Ty, David and Kasper! May you and Logan lead us to our sixth NCAA title!

2. Great leadership from this group added with senior witkowski and Quercia and a now sophomore class with a year of hockey under them this team will be poised to make a run next year.