Off-Ice News

Curry, Harper ink pro deals

Boston University senior captain Patrick Curry has signed his professional contract – a two-year American Hockey League deal with the Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings – per a team announcement. Freshmen forwards Ethan Phillips and Robert Mastrosimone as well as junior defenseman Kasper Kotkansalo are prospects within the Red Wings system.

Last week, senior assistant captain Patrick Harper, a 2016 fifth-round pick (158th overall) of the Nashville Predators, signed a two-year entry-level contract with the club. Junior defenseman David Farrance is a 2017 third-rounder (92nd overall) of the Predators, and former Terrier Dante Fabbro is currently a rookie with Nashville.

Curry led the Terriers in goals this season with 19, five clear of the next highest total of 14 – held by Harper and Farrance. The Schaumburg, Ill. native ranked fourth on the team in scoring with 32 points in 34 games. Over his four seasons as a Terrier, the 2019-20 Hockey East Best Defensive Forward tallied 39-40-79 totals, a plus-10 rating, and 116 penalty minutes in 141 games.

Harper’s 37 points (14g, 23a) in 32 games ranked second on the team behind Farrance’s 43. The New Canaan, Conn. native notched 41 goals and 75 assists for 115 points to go along with a plus-22 rating and 26 penalty minutes in 128 games during his time at BU. Harper hit the 100-point milestone with an assist on freshman Trevor Zegras’ goal in a 3-2 overtime win against Brown on Jan. 8, becoming the 85th Terrier to join the 100-point club.

1. Congratulations Patrick!