Opinions

The Top Five Moments from BU’s Beanpot win over BC

Cotton’s shot pinballs in

After nearly 18 minutes of scoreless second-period action, David Cotton made it 3-1 Eagles on a close-range effort that bounced off a series of players in front before finding its way in.

Harper ties it up late

Playing with a boost from his goal 70 seconds before, David Farrance carried the puck into the zone on the power play and his back-pass found Patrick Harper, who whipped one into the top corner to tie the game with 6:14 left.

Mastrosimone puts BU on top

Inside of two minutes with the puck in the corner, Trevor Zegras fed Robert Mastrosimone in front to tuck it through Knight’s five-hole and give BU its first lead of the game.

Cotton sends it to overtime

With a last gasp on the power play, the Eagles tied it up 4-4 thanks to David Cotton’s short-range strike with 58 seconds to play after a rebound found him to Abel’s left.

Wilmer Skoog wins it in 2OT

With BU threatening seven minutes into overtime, Wilmer Skoog buried a loose puck to put BU through to the Beanpot final.

1. This was a tremendous victory for BUH! It showed that we could compete against a top-five team. It showed that we refused to give up (fought back after being down by two goals early on; fought back after letting BC tie the game in the last minute). The additions of Skoog and Abel look brilliant so far! I was also quite pleased to see Mastrosimone and Cockerill get on the scoring sheet. Thanks Terriers for an extremely enjoyable performance. Go BU!

• A huge win indeed Glenn. There’s a lot of fight in this team, and they proved it last night – the string of strong third periods continues.

2. Man, what a game. hats off to Albie for bringing those two kids in. how ironic, amonte goes down for the season and his replacement score the winner. the hockey gods are smiling on the lower end of Comm Ave… and so am I

after games like this i love to read the fan comments on the BC website. call me sadistic

“delicious” as one BU fan said

• Haha Vinnie – it is crazy how that has worked out. Going even deeper into the impressive recruiting job, how about plucking the uncommitted Abel out of nowhere and getting results so quickly?! So far, they’ve struck gold.

3. I enjoy all the positive fans on this blog after a win. The kids work no less hard now as they did this summer. I’m always a fan of this program through thick and thin. As was stated we never gave up we kept coming, but I honestly believe we did not play great team hockey for most of that game. We won and we can do better. I’m just being honest as I always try to be. For the first two periods we were held at bay offensively and back on our heels defensively. I think we were fighting it a bit. I like our chances against northeastern but they are a tough dirty club. Our guys need to be locked in can’t go to the box or if going bring one of them along. Very proud of this team they are a great group of kids. Go bu .

• Yes Colin, it wasn’t their best hockey for 50 minutes, but they came together in the final 10 plus overtime and that made all the difference. A major statement victory, but not a perfect performance.