Opinions

The Top Five Moments from Sunday’s win over Concordia

BU was victorious 3-0 over Concordia on Sunday evening, with Ashton Abel and Nico Lynch combining for the 26-save shut-out. Here are my top five moments of the game.

5. Wise comes close early

The BU third line of Jake Witkowski, Jake Wise and Jack DeBoer was active right from the opening puck drop, coming closest five minutes into the game when DeBoer took possession and fed the trailing Wise, who dangled towards the crease but couldn’t get a shot off against the lone Stinger defender.

4. Lynch denies back-to-back chances

Taking over between the pipes at the start of the third period, Nico Lynch was tested nearly instantly when a Stinger rush set up two point-blank opportunities in the slot. The senior was ready, though, turning away the first and holding on to the second.

3. Stevens doubles the BU lead

Turning defense into offense with 7:30 left in the first period, Sam Stevens converted from close range when John Copeland snagged a loose puck off of a broken Stinger stick and swung it across the attacking zone for Stevens to slide in through the five-hole.

2. Lynch slides across for a breakaway stop

Concordia got its best chance of the game halfway through the third period, breaking into the Terrier zone on a BU power play. Sticking with the shooter, Lynch slid left-to-right to deny the chance and preserve the shut-out.

1. Phillips gets the scoring started

With BU knocking on the door early in the first, Ethan Phillips broke through for the shorthanded Terriers nine minutes in when Robert Mastrosimone won the puck and found Phillips, who beat Marc-Antoine Turcotte stick-side with what would be the eventual game-winner.