THT Podcast

Terrier Hockey Talk, Episode 4 – 10/15/19

https://soundcloud.com/the-daily-free-press/terrier-hockey-talk-october-15-2019

In this week’s episode of Terrier Hockey Talk, Brady Gardner and Paige Mautner react to a challenging weekend for BU women’s hockey, and preview their upcoming games in Hockey East play. They also look ahead to the men’s team’s home-opening series with Northern Michigan, and share their confidence in the team going into the two-game set. To close, they check out the latest national rankings.

Before the Terriers hit the ice this weekend, make sure you’re up to date by listening to Terrier Hockey Talk!

1. Hi Brady! I remember that game against Northern Michigan back in 1991 very well. I came back to BU as an alum, knowing there would be a huge watch party at the GSU. The game was thrilling, high-scoring and saw us make a two or three goal comeback to send it into sudden death overtime. When we lost, the hundreds of us who gathered to cheer BU on to a national title just got up and left in radio silence. I suppose the current Terriers don’t remember that game as well as I do but I say we owe them two thorough beatings this weekend! Go BU!

2. sonofcaesarcarlacis

I remember it so well also. A national title that we should have had. It was an afternoon game if I remember and I believe we changed goalies twice. I will not comment further on BU goaltending thirty years ago Brady he will go nuts !!!

• Haha SOCC 😛 Certainly sounds like it was quite a game.

• I am not sure whether that was an afternoon or evening game but one game that I definitely remember being an afternoon game was the BU win over Maine back in 1995 … for a NCAA title!

3. I will be at tomorrow’s game rooting the Terriers on and enjoying Family Weekend with my son, now a BU freshman!

4. Hi Dave! I will be there too. Enjoy the time with your son. I hope you get to see two wins.

5. I was at the game in 1991. Best and worst hockey game of my life. I enjoyed watching that team led by Mark Krys and there first line of Amonte tkachuck and Mccheran. Our second line center went on to win a cup with Montreal . Two of my favorite terriers of all time played on that team hard hitting Dougie Friedman and John Bradley in net a kid who worked so hard and cared so much for BU. I must say obviously I was Jake oettinger biggest fan last year because of his talent level but before him was John Bradley a class act. That was a fun team to watch.