Joel Farabee signs with Philadelphia Flyers

Joel Farabee has signed an entry-level deal that will take effect next season with the Philadelphia Flyers, where he was selected with the 14th overall pick in the 2018 NHL draft.

Formerly a freshman forward with Boston University, the Cicero, New York native was named the 2019 Hockey East Rookie of the Year, and was chosen for the 2019 Hockey East All-Rookie Team and 2018 Preseason All-CHN Rookie Team.

Additional accolades for the eight-time Hockey East Top Performer include being a three-time Hockey East Rookie of the Week, one-time GoTerriers.com Student-Athlete of the Week, and nominated for the Walter Brown Award and Hockey East Rookie of the Month.

Farabee burst on to the scene in his lone year with the Terriers, leading BU in points (36), total goals (17), game-winning goals (5), shorthanded goals (3), and plus-minus (+4), averaging nearly a point a game and only missing one game throughout the 2018-19 season.

Having joined BU from the USA National Under-18 team where he captained the squad to a silver medal in 2018 and won gold in 2017, Farabee finishes his brief career on Commonwealth Avenue with nine multi-point games and three three-point games.

Farabee will join a Philadelphia Flyers organization that appears poised to have a breakthrough season, and his elite offensive capabilities will be a welcomed sight in Philadelphia for years to come.