Dante Fabbro signs with Nashville Predators

Dante Fabbro has signed an entry-level deal with the Nashville Predators, where he was selected with the 17th overall pick in the 2016 NHL draft.

Formerly a junior defenseman with Boston University, the New Westminster, British Columbia native was voted a 2017-18 New England All-Star, and a Hockey East Second Team All-Star in 2017-18 and 2018-19. In the World Juniors with Canada, he won gold in 2018 and silver in 2017.

Fabbro started strong at BU, making 36 appearances in the 2016-17 season. It was his sophomore year when he really broke out, finishing second among all Hockey East defenseman in points (29) with a career-best nine goals, and leading the conference in blocks (82).

Taking on the responsibility of co-captain as a junior in 2018-19, the ten-time Hockey East Top Performer once again led Hockey East with 82 blocks, while also posting a career-best 26 assists to lead the team in that category and finish second on the team with 33 points.

Having joined BU from the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Hockey League, Fabbro ends his time as a Terrier with 22 goals and 58 assists over 112 games. The blueliner notched a single four-assist game en route to a career-high five points that night, and also recorded one hat-trick.

Fabbro joins a Nashville Predators organization with Stanley Cup aspirations and an already elite blue line under which Fabbro will develop as an elite defensive talent in his own right.

During Fabbro’s time at BU, the Terriers won a Hockey East championship and made two appearances in the national tournament.

1. This one is tough he is a great kid and probably best defenseman in bu history. He will be missed on and off the ice. I can’t say enough good things about Dante Fabbro.

2. Colin,
    Sorry not even the best defenseman in Hockey East. He would have been a free agent if he returned but I can understand the lure of playing in the NHL immediately. Certainly wish him well. Probably will be a better pro than he was as collegiate player.

3. Frozen he was not beat 1-1 for two seasons that’s unheard of logged a ton of ice time. I know you think Makar is better and you have a argument but I disagree. Fabbro was and is a special player