*HE Semifinals* Live Blog: BU vs. Northeastern, 3/22 @ 4pm

Join here!

In the 35th annual Hockey East tournament, the Boston University men’s hockey team will open the semifinal round against Northeastern on Friday afternoon at the TD Garden.

The Terriers overcame UMass Lowell in three games last weekend, taking games one and three through a mix of lock-down defense and timely scoring, while falling in the middle game despite a valiant comeback effort.

On the other side, Northeastern took down the University of Maine in the first round with a two-game sweep, outlasting the visitors in overtime in game one, and finishing it off with another hard-fought victory the next night.

The Terriers and Huskies know each other well, having met three times already this season. In their November home-and-home series, BU tied Northeastern to earn their first point of the season, and then gained their first win of the campaign in the second half of the back-to-back.

While BU got the better of the Huskies in the fall, the history that is getting the most attention is February’s Beanpot semifinal meeting. Jake Oettinger made a season-high 47 saves for the Terriers, but it was not enough, as the Huskies found the winner less than a minute into overtime en route to securing back-to-back championships.

Can the Terriers get Beanpot revenge on Northeastern and keep the season alive? Join our live blog for constant coverage and conversation throughout the game! The blog will begin at 3:50pm, with puck drop is set for 4.