Live Blog: BU 2, Harvard 2 – Final

To kick off the second half of their season, the Terriers travel to nearby Boston rivals Harvard in search of a win in their first game of 2019. Tonight’s live blog will be held right here in the comments section of this post, and the score can be found in the title of the post. Puck drop will be at 7pm. Go Terriers!

61 thoughts on “Live Blog: BU 2, Harvard 2 – Final

1. Carpenter and Bowers return to the lineup tonight after missing the 2018 finale against Dartmouth. Cockerill and Farabee also start despite playing in the World Junior Championship’s gold medal game 3 days ago.

2. Harvard get a shorthanded chance, but Oettinger reaches and covers. 1 min left in power play, 9 in first period.

3. DeBoer gets a dangerous tip on a shot in, but Crimson netminder Lackey makes the adjustment well. 7 mins left in 1st.

4. Willman’s centering pass just misses Amonte – BU searching for their second. 5 mins left in 1st.

5. A Harvard rush comes right in on Oettinger, but a fallen attacker knocks the keeper into his net and takes it off its moorings, stopping play. 4 mins left in 1st.

6. Holding called on Curry, Harvard will look to convert on their second power play opportunity. 2 mins left in 1st.

7. We old time BU Hockey fans must give two RIP’s to Jim Quinn, ’67 forward who played with Jack Parker and coach Bob Crocker, ’55, Parker’s Asst. coach for ten years and outstanding NHL scout. Program would not be what it is today without these two.

8. Puck sits dangerously in the Harvard crease for a moment, but is cleared by the Crimson. 14 left in 2nd.

9. A scrum in front of the Crimson net forces a penalty on a Harvard defender – BU to the power play with 11 left in 2nd.

10. BU fails to convert on their power play, and Harvard gets a quick pair of chances but are denied by Oettinger. 4 to go in 2nd.

11. Carpenter’s attempt just misses, and BU concedes a penalty for Harvard to take into the 3rd. 10 seconds left in 2nd.

12. Good move from Harvard attacker leads to point-blank shooting chance, but a deflection takes the shot into the netting above the glass. Little more than 10 left in the 3rd.

13. Thank you for joining me tonight, we’ll see you Friday when the Terriers return home to take on the University of New Hampshire.