Live Blog: BU vs UMass Lowell

Following last night’s 5-3 loss at Agganis Arena, the Boston University men’s hockey team takes of UMass Lowell at the Tsongas Center. Follow along with our Live Blog.

1. Now that’s more like it. What a difference it makes when you cash in early on some chances and play with a lead. Arguable the terriers did not play as well tonite as last night but getting an early lead gave them confidence they needed that they could get the job done.

2. I agree Vito I think they played well both nights the difference being last night they got to the dirty areas and were persistent on the puck. They owned the cycle game. And they were able to hit a guy moving in the slot. D did a good job finding lanes to fire the puck. There were some neutral zone and defensive zone break downs but that’s ok this team needs confidence hopefully this gives them a boost. Also Jake was huge in the third and Curry was the best player on the ice. Curry does it all but most importantly he sets the tone for his teammates. Go bu🐾🐾🐾

3. This team is going nowhere. Swept by a less than good BC team and then split with a less than good Lowell team. Way too inconsistent to make any noise at all. BTW, How is Brady doing? You were right, he wasn’t ready for the big leagues. TK out.

4. We will have to see tk about the rest of the season but I like the direction we are going by the way bc after a slow start is now in second. And Brady is doing just fine he’s having a solid season. Not sure who you are referring to but I think your both wrong Brady is doing just fine in Ottawa . Lowell is a good team as well. 🐾🐾🐾

5. I was referring to all the posters who said Brady wasn’t ready for NHL and was making a bad decision by leaving the mother nest, which no one should ever dare to leave early.

6. TK I was among those mother hens and realize I was wrong.

7. sonofcaesarcarlaci

The one good thing we have is the Beanpot. Get a little better, win two games, and we have something to crow about. Rest of season just about gone.

8. Season gone we are not even at the halfway point yet. Please don’t misinterpret what I’m saying I’m not thrilled with were we are in the standings or pairwise but we are certainly in the thick of things plenty of season left. I think we have as good a shot as anyone in our league. If we bring our A game we can beat anybody 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

9. sonofcaesarcarlaci

Problem is, Colin, that we seldom bring our “A” game. We are not even getting votes in the top 20 polls. Never remember that.

10. The polls don’t matter much these days it’s pairwise that gets you in the end but bu has shown signs at times of being a elite team. They have games second half against top pairwise teams which means they can pick up ground in that department as well as make up ground in hockey east. I feel bu biggest flaw first half was we were not capatilizing on offensive zone time. I mentioned it several times with our speed we need to use it to our advantage less play on the half wall and more driving the net. I really liked what I saw last Saturday we capitalized on opportunity’s. We did not have the number of shots we had in previous games but we got to the net. I think if we can continue to build off that performance we have a shot at doing great things.🐾🐾🐾