Jordan Greenway to return for junior season

24490147551_8261ce418d_h
PHOTO BY MADDIE MALHOTRA/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

One of Boston University’s go-to forwards will return for the 2017-18 season.

Jordan Greenway, amidst speculation that he would turn pro with the Minnesota Wild, has confirmed to The Boston Hockey Blog that he’ll be back for his junior season.

The announcement comes as a boon to Terrier hockey fans, as forwards Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Clayton Keller and defenseman Charlie McAvoy have all signed early with NHL teams.

With Greenway back, BU now retains three of its top six forwards from the 2016-17 campaign, including rising sophomore Patrick Harper and rising junior Bobo Carpenter. Across his first two seasons at Agganis Arena, the 20-year-old amassed 57 points (15 goals, 42 assists) in 76 games.

During his sophomore season, Greenway helped Team USA win a gold medal at the World Junior Championships. Clocking in at 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds, Greenway was drafted in the second round in 2015 by Minnesota.

1. Allow me to be the first to say, THANK GOODNESS!

2. Great news great player.? Put him Olson and hickey on a team and some heavy hits are coming

3. Awesome news!

4. Except for a handful of games when we had Nick Roberto on the first line, I believe that none of our top-six forwards were upperclassmen this past season. Next season, at least thirty-three percent of our top-six will be upperclassmen. That’s going to help!

5. let’s hope he matures and becomes a leader and does not take stupid hot head penalties. like him when he just plays hockey

6. Capt greenway will be great his summer hockey play against big strong pro players will help. Go bu?