RECAP: BU Beats BC in first installment of the Battle of Comm. Ave.

The third period was shaky as can be, but Boston University held on against Boston College on Friday night at Agganis Arena, earning a 2-1 in the process.

The scoring got underway in the second period, when Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson tipped home a shot from Dante Fabbro. BC answered right back, though, with Colin White banging home a power-play goal with ease.

Looking to regain the lead, Clayton Keller scored the ultimate game-winner as provided by Jordan Greenway. For a full recap of the night’s affairs, check out Jonathan’s recap over on The Daily Free Press.

Outside of the goalscorers, this game was always going to feature an elite battle of goaltenders. On one side it was BU’s Jake Oettinger, and on the other BC’s Joseph Woll. They both featured on Team USA’s 2017 World Junior Championship squad that last week secured a gold medal.

For more on that clash, check out Jonathan’s sider over on The Daily Free Press.

Highlights

Press conferences

Photos

Tweets of the Night

1. Any info on Nikklas Olsson?

2. What an amazing display of goaltending prowess by Oettinger last night! That should give every last citizen of Terrier Nation a boatload of confidence in his abilities to lead us into Springtime Cawlidge Hawkey.

3. we have two excellent goalies in Oettinger and La Couvee. Defense and goaltending is the strength of this group. We need to ride them if B.U. hopes to win some hardware this term.

4. We have everything great coaches . Great goalies, great defense ,great offense, we have a deep bench. All that said other teams in this league and around this country have the same thing. The key to this season is to keep improving and moving forward it should be a blast go bu???