Previewing BU’s weekend series with Vermont

Sophomore forward Bobo Carpenter was held scoreless against Vermont in last year's series at Agganis Arena. PHOTO BY MADDIE MALHOTRA/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF
Sophomore forward Bobo Carpenter was held scoreless against Vermont in last year’s series at Agganis Arena. PHOTO BY MADDIE MALHOTRA/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

The Boston University men’s hockey team is heading up to Vermont for a weekend series with the Catamounts.

Friday night marks the first tilt inside Gutterson Fieldhouse, while the same venue will play host again on Saturday night. The games have the potential to be firecrackers, too, as the squads are both ranked inside the top 15 nationally.

Arguably the biggest story to watch is whether or not freshman forward Clayton Keller returns to the ice. He has been sidelined since Nov. 5’s matchup with Northeastern University, nursing a lower-body injury. Coach Quinn was noncommittal as to whether or not Keller would play, and we expect a game-time decision to be the deciding factor.

For a full weekend preview, click here for Jonathan’s story over on The Daily Free Press.

1. Excellent performance and balanced scoring. Oettinger gives up only three goals in two games once again … solid! There are some amazingly talented freshmen goalies in D-1 this season. Go BU!

2. Coach Quinn made a great move playing Shane Switzer one of the better defensemen
    on the team.looked like he had three block shots.Hope this gives him more ice time.