Report: ’98 F Ty Amonte commits to BU

Amonte has spent the past four seasons at Thayer Academy in Braintree. His Elite Prospects page is a bit limited, but looks like he had a two-game stint for both the Youngstown Phantoms of the USHL and some time at U.S. national team camp.

He had 40 points in 30 games for Thayer last season. He stands at 5-foot-11 and weighs 180 pounds, and is a Norwood native.

1. If he is anything like his dad we have a heck of a player. Most times, however, they are not too close in talent.

2. I saw him play at Thayer last year. Not very good. I don’t get this. I hope the full ride is wrong and he is a walk on because if he has a full ride then it is back to the Bavis days of Kevin Duane

There has to be more to the story

• Vincent,yeah,you know more than Scott Young,DQ,and the rest of the staff.You should have been hired instead of DQ when Jack retired.So many ridiculous non-sense,like anyone on this blog has the knowledge to question any decision-NOT.But everyone certainly has the right to do so…..always posting who should be on what line,who should play when,the defensive pairings…..no sense,pure and simple.

3. saw this kid last year – not very impressive. a full ride? please say no. there is a mix up somewhere. the younger kid is not bad. if this is true it is back to the Bavis days of mediocrity. hello brendan collier

4. Hi,

Great performance again by Maguire! Can anyone clarify the start time of 2/20 game? 4 or 7 pm?
    Thanks!

• 7 p.m.! Think it might’ve been early originally, but regardless, changing it on our site now. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

5. Jeff Cox said a player decomitted. Any idea who?