From the FreeP: Matt Grzelcyk’s return prompted by more than just unfinished business

Sarah and I were able to chat with Matt Grzelcyk last week about his decision to return for his senior season, his new assistant captains, expectations for 2015-16 and much more. Be sure to check it out! – Conor

_____________________

When Boston University men’s hockey team junior captain Matt Grzelcyk announced during the team’s annual banquet that he intended to return for the 2015-16 season, it appeared that the motivating factors in his decision were easy to map out.

After all, less than a week before he made his return official, Grzelcyk and the Terriers bore the brunt of a crushing loss to Providence College in the NCAA title game, coming up one game short in what was a miraculous turnaround season for BU.

Clamoring for one last championship run would seem to be more than enough motivation for any player to make the call to return to school for another season, but Grzelcyk — speaking with The Daily Free Press outside of the team’s training facilities at Agganis Arena — said that such a scenario wasn’t the case.

Read more at dailyfreepress.com.

1. walter carlson

Great to see someone value a degree from BU and stay all four years. I think too many leave and are not mature enough for the rigors of the NHL. Look at the list of BU guys that stayed for four years and their records in the NHL. Also the Bruins’ situation is so up in the air it would be a good idea to stay away for this year.