Eichel earns Hockey East Player of the Month honors

The accolades continue to pile up for forward Jack Eichel in his first campaign with the Terriers.

The North Chelmsford native was named Hockey East Player of the Month Wednesday morning after registering 13 points (four goals, nine assists) in nine games in November.

Eichel scored in seven of BU’s nine games last month — five of which were multi-point performances. The U.S. National Under-18 Team product paced all Hockey East skaters in points, assists and plus-minus (plus-7) in November.

The announcement serves as the second straight monthly award that Eichel has received this season, as the center was named Hockey East Rookie of the Month on Nov. 4 after notching eight points in four October contests.

Eichel, who currently leads all Division I players in both points (21) and plus-minus (plus-16), is the first BU player to be named Hockey East Player of the Month since defenseman Colby Cohen took home the honor on Feb. 2, 2010.

1. Congats jack

2. It’s so good for BU to have “stars” again on its roster.

3. … stars who often get mentioned on the NHL Network. Yes, it’s great for our program and for our school in general.

4. And this is all great news for the program, for the life of me I don’t understand how JACK PARKER RINK IS NOT SOLD OUT every game, A talent like Jack comes along not very often…..very confused as to why the games have empty seats…..shame.

5. That’s exactly how I feel. I think they should assemble a task force on this “poor attendance” issue. It’s an awful problem. For those of us who value our school’s hockey tradition and want to see it continue, it’s a very serious problem. It makes absolutely no sense … when you consider (1) how cheap tickets are compared to the pro game and (2) when you realize how big a sport hockey is in the Boston area.

6. I think attendance has been pretty good this year considering where we were last year. Over 4,500 for most games, even the thanksgiving week games when the students are away. Keep winning and the stands will keep getting more full.

Not NHL prices, but still not exactly a cheap night out by the time you add up ticket, parking, arena priced food and beverage / beer.