Games at Madison Square Garden, Fenway Park highlight BU’s 2013-14 schedule

By Tim Healey/DFP Staff

David Quinn’s first year as the Boston University men’s hockey head coach is sure to be a memorable one.

The program released its 2013-14 schedule Thursday, and there are plenty of big games throughout. Besides the switch to Hockey East’s new template — schools will play conference opponents just twice — the Terriers have games at Madison Square Garden and Fenway Park, as well as non-league contests at home vs. Wisconsin and North Dakota, among others.

For the full schedule, check out the “2013-14 schedule” tab to the left.

BU’s annual season-opening exhibition against a Canadian college will be against St. Francis Xavier on Saturday, Oct. 5. It will open the regular season at home vs. the University of Massachusetts the following Friday.

Quinn’s crew won’t hit the road until it visits Michigan and Michigan State on Oct. 25 and 26, respectively.

The fourth edition of Red Hot Hockey, the biennial BU-Cornell game at MSG, will be Nov. 30, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The Terriers will participate in Frozen Fenway for the first time since 2010 when they “host” Maine at Fenway.

Wisconsin (Oct. 19), North Dakota (Nov. 22-23), Bentley (Dec. 13) and Dartmouth (Jan. 8) highlight the Agganis Arena schedule. Additionally, future Hockey East member University of Connecticut will visit Nov. 17.

The first round of the Beanpot — which will be against Boston College — is Feb. 3.

BU will visit the University of Notre Dame for the first time as a Hockey East foe Feb. 21-22 before wrapping up its regular season with a home-and-home against Northeastern University Feb. 28-March 1.

1. Good post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

My blog – panic attack