From the FreeP: Terriers seek crucial late-season wins in matchups with Vermont

By Kevin Dillon/DFP Staff

Scoring seemed to come easy last time the No. 19 Boston University men’s hockey team took on the University of Vermont. The Terriers scored the first four goals of the game and left Burlington, Vt., with a 6-2 win on Nov. 16, 2012.

However, a lot has changed since then. The Terriers no longer have Yasin Cissé, Wesley Myron or sophomore defenseman Alexx Privitera on the roster and have struggled throughout much of the second half. Unlike the Terriers, the Catamounts have had a lot more success as of late, winning three of their last five.

So when BU takes on UVM in a critical set of games Friday and Saturday at Agganis Arena, BU coach Jack Parker does not expect another blowout.

“It was a century ago. It means nothing, especially the way they’re playing now,” Parker said. “I see them being a playoff team, and I see them being a team that nobody wants to play in the playoffs.”

Much of the recent success for UVM (10-15-5, 7-11-5 Hockey East) is thanks to freshman goalie Brody Hoffman. Hoffman, who has started all 30 games this season for Vermont, is 3-1-1 in his last five starts with a 1.38 goals-against average and a .942 save percentage. The 6-foot-4 goaltender allowed one goal or fewer in four of his last five games.

For more, including projected lines and an infographic previewing the series, go to www.dailyfreepress.com.

1. Bu could and should sweep the weekend which is huge,giving the fact that all of the other teams above them play each other so one team will lose ground so hopefully bu gives the same effort they did tuesday…