From the FreeP: Articles from the hockey issue

Thursday marks the annual hockey preview edition of The Daily Free Press, and this year more than half of the 12-page issue is dedicated to hockey.

So if you’re on campus, be sure to grab a copy (or three to share with your friends), but for those of you who are not, we’ve taken the time to direct you to all of the issue’s articles in one tidy blog post here.

Our season preview — the front page story — details the 2012-13 squad position by position.

Head coach Jack Parker, who is entering his 40th season at the helm of the Terriers, had some interesting comments on the task force and ensuing controversy.

Ryan Ruikka is an assistant captain this year as he goes for his second master’s degree.

One of the biggest question marks on this year’s team is the goaltending situation, but both freshmen, Matt O’Connor and Sean Maguire, are ready to split time in net.

Another profile takes a look at Matt Nieto and his long journey to becoming one of BU’s top offensive threats.

Sean Escobedo has his focus in two main areas for his senior season: limiting his time in the penalty box and winning some trophies.

On the women’s side, the season preview has the Terriers looking for a third straight NCAA bid, and a profile looks at Marie-Philip Poulin — now a co-captain — and her lengthy injury history.

And finally, this lighthearted “Seven Questions” Q&A with senior captain Wade Megan is pretty funny.