Terriers force Game Three with 4-2 win over UNH

By: Kevin Dillon/DFP Staff

In a win-or-go-home Game Two of the Hockey East quarterfinals, the Boston University men’s hockey team bounced back from its series-opening overtime loss with a 4-2 victory over the University of New Hampshire on Saturday at Agganis Arena.

After struggling to keep up with the speed and effort of New Hampshire (15-18-3) in Friday night’s affair, BU (22-13-1) found its legs Saturday night. BU coach Jack Parker mixed up the lines a bit, and the team seemed to respond well.

“[Saturday’s win] was a college hockey game. [Friday’s loss] was a massacre,” Parker said. “Even though it seemed like it wasn’t because of the overtime, but it was a different game. Tonight was a real good college hockey game.”

It was the extra effort that helped BU score its first goal of the game on the power play. After a low shot from freshman defenseman Alexx Privitera, junior forward Alex Chiasson shoved a rebound through UNH goaltender Casey DeSmith’s pads, where senior captain Chris Connolly poked the puck into the empty net to give BU a 1-0 lead.

The goal came almost 12 minutes into the first period, and the Terriers held the lead until UNH forward Stevie Moses tied the game in the second period. Moses carried a feed from linemate Kevin Goumas to BU senior goaltender Kieran Millan’s right, where he rifled a wrist shot into the top right corner. The goal was Moses’s 22nd of the season.

Read more at dailyfreepress.com.

1. glad to see Parker finally drop Rosen off the 2nd line…I love and admire Rosen’s transition to forward from defense but he just wasn’t skilled enough to be a top 6 forward, great as a checking line center but just not a 2nd line center who should be on the power play…great to see Gill step up, when he plays well and we have 2 lines going, we’re a pretty good team…when the 2nd line is invisible, we’re a below average team…for all the Parker bashers, this proves he still knows what buttons to push

2. Shithair Gill had a great game. He was the sole reason we came out ahead. Can’t wait for today’s game.

3. We looked good on all lines last night. I also really love Rosen and his transition to center. His mental mindset still seems to be defense first as would be expected from a career dman. I’m sure he’s more used to bring on the point on PP than in the slot. He is a valuable part of this teams makeup and in the right position shows it too. GO BU!