Assistant captain Alex Chiasson’s post-game press conference Holy Cross

General thoughts: It’s obviously disappointing how we came out and it was the only game of the week so you would think that we would get ready as a team and try to do our best but we’re going through tough times right now and the only think we have to do is stick together and everyone’s got to be on the same boat. That’s the only thing we have to worry about.

On if he agreed with Parker that he didn’t play well: I’m assistant captain of the team and I have to be a leader of this team and show all the younger guys how a BU hockey player should play and he’s coaching me and wants me to be a better player out there and I think I have to do better for the team.

On why the team wasn’t prepared mentally for Holy Cross: Coach made sure this week that we got ready to play, and coach kept telling us this is their biggest game of the season and right when their schedule came out they circled the BU game and made sure they got ready for the game. Like I said it’s disappointing we didn’t come out as a team and we have some stuff to figure out.

On how to combat Holy Cross being extra excited to face BU: I think we have to look at how the season’s only 35 games and every game is huge and if you look at last year and how you pick a game like Notre Dame we lost around Christmas time and the Vermont game we’re up 3-0 and they tied us, those are the little games that make the difference. Maybe it’s a good thing it happened now than it happens towards January and February. Guys stuck together and this is a long season. If we want to go far down the road we have to do it as a team and this is how it’s going to happen.

On the atmosphere in the locker room before the game:
Honestly I couldn’t see a change. I did my normal routine getting ready to play. It’s hard for me before a game to make sure that guys in the whole locker room are ready to play. I try to make sure guys during the week that guys are practicing hard. But I think we’re 18-, 19-, 20-years old now and if you don’t know how to get ready for a game then you’re in the wrong place. Like I said it’s my job as a leader and me, Chris, Courts to make sure guys get ready.

On what he can change specifically to make sure team is ready to play: I mean, it’s all about being together and the process of if we want to win or go far in the tournament or do something special this year we’re going to have to do it with 26 guys and you can’t have a few guys like I said off the bus. You have to have everyone in the same boat and we have to be riding together. It’s ride together or die together, and that’s what I think.

On what the game was like after BU’s two early goals:
I thought they still had the momentum. They came out pretty hard, they were skating faster than us, they were out-bumping us. In the end it’s hard to describe how this game went.

On costly 5-on-3s:
I don’t think as a player I’m able to explain why guys take penalties. I spent a lot of time in the box last year and it’s hard. I’m not here to say if you should take a penalty or not, you know it’s just playing the game.

On if there are two BU teams mentally: I mean, like I said, there’s not enough games in this year in this league to overlook any opponents. That’s all I have to say.

On if he thinks the team realizes every game counts: That’s what we’re trying to do right now. Make sure guys know that those games are, these are games that are going to make a difference down the road.