From the Freep: The X-Men, coming to an arena near you

By Arielle Aronson/DFP Staff

In a repeat of an event from two years ago, the Boston University men’s hockey team will wet its feet for the upcoming season with an exhibition game against St. Francis Xavier University at Agganis Arena Saturday.

The game will be the first for the Terriers since losing in the quarterfinals of the Hockey East tournament last season. BU lost only three players – senior goaltender Adam Kraus and senior co-captain Joe Pereira to graduation, and junior defenseman David Warsofsky to professional hockey – from last year’s squad. Senior forward Chris Connolly will return as a second-year captain and will be joined by junior assistant captains Alex Chiasson and Justin Courtnall.

The X-Men are one of Canada’s premiere college hockey teams and last played BU before the 2009-10 season, when the Terriers and X-Men skated to a 2-2 tie. The game will serve as an early indicator for the Terriers as to what their team will look like against tough competition.

“They have been one of the best teams in recent vintage up there,” BU head coach Jack Parker said of the X-Men. “I’ve seen some [Canadian] teams that weren’t quite as good or didn’t take it seriously, but these guys are well-coached. They play hard.

Read more at dailyfreepress.com.