BREAKING NEWS: David Warsofsky out for Vermont series, Wade Megan questionable

By Scott McLaughlin/DFP Staff

Junior defenseman David Warsofsky will miss this weekend’s series against Vermont with a concussion, according to BU coach Jack Parker.

Parker said Warsofsky suffered the concussion with about two minutes to go in Saturday’s 1-0 win at Providence. Warsofsky didn’t show any symptoms for a couple days, but then they started showing up. Parker said his baseline testing “isn’t even close” to where it has to be before he can return. Warsofsky will be re-evaluated every three days and his status for next weekend’s series against Northeastern is unknown.

Sophomore Max Nicastro will move up to the top unit with sophomore Ryan Ruikka. Freshman Patrick MacGregor will play on the third defense pairing in Warsofsky’s absence.

Parker also said sophomore forward Wade Megan is questionable with an ankle injury. If he can’t play, junior Kevin Gilroy and sophomore Ryan Santana, who have been splitting starts for the last couple weeks, will both be in the lineup. If Megan is good to go, Parker said Gilroy and Santana will probably split games this weekend.

1. Megan ankle now? How is Pereira’s ankle? We really need a healthy team going down the stretch here 🙁

2. Good chance for some of the freshman to step it up now. MacGregor played great the last game he played if I recall correctly. Glad to see him get some ice time.