From the FreeP: Rosen goes from never playing forward to scoring a goal as a center Saturday

By Scott McLaughlin/DFP Staff

Ben Rosen looked like a veteran center Saturday night when he scored his first collegiate goal.

With his team trailing 2-0 midway through the first period, the sophomore from Syosset, N.Y., picked off a pass behind the net and quickly zipped the puck to freshman defenseman Garrett Noonan at the right point. Rosen then got himself open in the lower right circle and took in Noonan’s return pass before turning to the net and snapping a shot through Brown University goalie Michael Clemente’s five-hole.

But Rosen is not a veteran center, or even a veteran forward for that matter. In fact, Saturday’s 4-4 tie was only the fifth game he has ever played at center.

For more, click over to dailyfreepress.com.

1. Great story about dedication, hard work and effort. Nice to see that it was noticed and him given a chance to play and excel. Keep it going BU!

2. my seat gave me an excellent view of Rosen’s work. He passed, moved into position, retrieved the puck, held the shot, saw the opening and then shot.
    That type of playing deserves more playing time. Excellent hockey sense.

3. I agree with last post, I sat nearby as well. He didn’t rush the shot, it looked like he knew or saw what would or could happen and make it work that way. He has great hands and appears to have that all important hockey sense also. Maybe the best thing to happen here for him and the team is that he couldn’t get into the d rotation. Funny how things work out. Hopefully he will get more playing time too.

4. What my buddies and I were impressed with was how hard Rosen worked and how he always hustled and came back to the defensive end to help out. That kind of unsung effort is what helps teams win games. I may go out and get a #8 on my BU jersey.

5. he’s cute too!