David Warsofsky’s post-game transcript 11/27

By Arielle Aronson/DFP Staff

On whether the team is happy with the tie
I think it’s a little bit of both. I think it’s obviously tough to get down 2-0 but I like the way we battled back. We were able to get a tie, but it’s not good to go down 2-0 especially against a team like that. Sometimes the mentality is taken a little bit lightly especially coming off of Thanksgiving break. I thought we did a good job battling back. To tie a team like that, on paper they might not be the best team, but they work real hard and if they keep it up, they’ll go somewhere in this league.

On what they saw of Browns game at UNH and what they saw of Brown Saturday night
We just saw that they’re physical. I think everyone saw that in the rink tonight. They were real physical. They finish their hits everywhere. They didn’t let up. They played smart although they took some penalties. Other than that, they’re a pretty smart team. They played their systems well. I think it was a game of who was going to outwork the other one. At times, we outworked them and at times they outworked us and it just came down to a tie at the end.

On the physicality of the game

Going into every game we want to be physical. That’s just the way we play, that’s the way we have to play if we want to be successful. Watching them on tape, we knew that they were going to be physical. They kind of play a Merrimack style where they’re on you quick and they’re finishing every hit. Besides some of the cheap hits they took, that was a real physical, clean game. We’re obviously going to see them again soon. Hopefully we’ll have a couple of responses for some of those cheap hits they had tonight.

On what he’s expecting with BU and BC next weekend
I think it’s going to be a good game. It’s a totally different game when BU plays BC. All systems get put aside and it’s just both teams bring their best every night. It’s kind of a game that you circle on your calendar when you first receive the schedule. BU/BC is one of the greatest rivalries. To get our first game under our belts against them this season, I’m looking forward to what happens.

On whether the team prefers to play BC when BC is hot or cold

I don’t think BU/BC, I don’t think it matters if you’re hot or you’re cold. You’re going to get the best out of everyone. At times, last year I think when we played them at Fenway, we weren’t playing our best either. But when you’re playing BC, everyone brings their A game, so it doesn’t matter if you’re hot or cold or you lost your last two or you won your last two. It’s a totally different ballgame.

On what he thought of the Clendening hit

Man I thought he was out for a while. It’s kind of one of those fluke things where a couple inches over, he could have been out for the season. I don’t know what’s wrong with him right now but he appears to be okay, so kind of one of those things where he makes the first move and the guy kind of sticks his leg out. Nothing you can do about it now, but I think come January when we play them again, we’ll remember that hit.