Eric Gryba and Zach Cohen Saturday Night Postgame Transcripts

Transcriptions by Arielle Aronson/DFP Staff

Eric Gryba
On his three point night:
Yeah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. It was one of those nights. I mean, just get the right pass at the right time and you get a couple points out of it.

On back to back wins:
That’s huge for us. That’s going to help our confidence so much more going down the final stretch here. We’re feeling really good about ourselves. We have a lot of confidence in each other. We’re starting to really click. That’s the first time we’ve swept a team all year in a weekend.
(Cohen) First time we’re over .500 too.
Yeah, we’re over .500, so that’s obviously huge for the team, huge for our confidence and huge for our morale.

On the atmosphere at Agganis:
It’s one of those things where you’re reminded of how it felt last year with the team. I mean, the way we just started to click and what not, and the energy that we gave off to the crowd and the crowd gave off to us, so it’s nice to have that kind of interaction with the crowd again.

On if it bothers them if there aren’t that many fans there:
You can obviously tell when it’s a BC game versus a Merrimack game, but for the most part, we’re so focused on the game and what not, there’s enough students in the sections to make some noise, so it’s not that big of a deal.

On reaching .500:
Since we’ve been back from break, we’re 9-3 or whatever, and reaching .500 is so huge for us. Since we’ve been 9-3 since the break, we’ve been referring to ourselves as the U. Kind of like, spin it off from the University of Miami. So, that’s our song and what not. So we’re the, BU, the U this year. That’s why you see everybody doing the celebration like this. Everyone does that, and that’s because we’re the U this year. The second half, we’re the U.

Zach Cohen
On coming back after losing a lead:
It was a lot better. You saw it last night where we were tied at 2-2 or it was 4-3 and everybody still had the confidence and everybody was still driving to the net and making hard plays. The first half of the year, we would have been down and out and not thinking that we could have kept going, but these past 12 games or so since we got back from break, we’ve been playing real well.

On how less fans have been showing up:
We’re trying to play a lot better, we’re starting to feel like we’re going to get more fans going now. It’s not like they’re jumping on the bandwagon, but maybe they had some finals or tests, so that’s why.

Not really.

On his goal:
We were struggling a little bit on the power play earlier in the game, and got control of it, passed it up to Eric, and he made a play to Dave and he got a puck on net. I was coming from the wall and it just came off right to my stick. I had two shots on it and I got it right under the bar, so it was nice.

On missing Trivino:
It’s going to be tough. Me, him and Alex have been playing real well lately and we’re going to lose him, but I feel like one of the guys who hasn’t been playing much will come in, step in and play real well.

1. Fellas, some of us have been in the stands for every home game, through the good and the bad. Keep up the good work!