BU vs. BC Frozen Fenway Live Blog

1. Scott C Martineau

Scott Martineau : I was in Saskatoon covering Davis Warsofsky and the Team USA as we won gold … I hope that Warsofsky’s expereince against such elite competition (90 perceent of Team SWE and I think every player on Team Canada will be in the NHL within a few years) and yet I could not get answers to the following: First, why did Warsofsky NOT wear an A for the Final or the first game, but he DID wear an A for ALTERNATE CAPTAIN every game in between? And second, why was Warsofsky’s playing time cut considerably for the final period and the OT from regular shifts with Carlson to only two shifts in the 3td and one in the OT? Was it an injury that limited his availability or was there a coaches decision, either as a disciplinary manner or simply because they wanted to play a shorter bench, in those final 15 minutes of the 3rd and the OT. Congrats to Warsofsky (& for that matter, to Max NiCastro for being the FINAL PLAYER CUT – it must have been difficult) & Team USA for winning gold … If any of you have the chance, you will see some of the best hockey of your life if you go to the IIHF juniors in Buffalo in 2011, if you do not Canadians will flood the spectacle and we will be out-cheered by Canadians as it is only a 90 minute drive from parts of Montreal to Buffalo & we NEED to support Team USA as defending champs next year. Please get the answers for the Warsofsky question… Sincerely, Scott Martineau, HockeyOnCampus & TSN.CA contributor

Also, if you wanna follow my coverage of winter Olympic sports & Hockey East & Prep Hockey, add me to who you follow on Twitter: SCOTTCMARTINEAU

2. Scott-

-Junior squads were only allowed to give two players ‘A’s’ in each game, and with three assistants, somebody had to play without one. Don’t know how they picked the order they did for who got A’s which game, but that’s why.

-I don’t know for sure why Warsofsky’s shifts were cut, but I would assume that in a big game, Blais just wanted his best players on the ice as often as possible. As good as Warsofsky is, I’m not sure he was one of the US’ four best D-men. That’s all just my guess, though.