The Boston University men’s hockey team announced its incoming players for the 2017-18 season earlier today. Among the seven incoming forwards and three defenseman that make up the Terriers’ 27-man roster, five members of the freshman class were selected in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
In addition to the nine-member freshman class, the Terriers have added graduate transfer Drew Melanson who spent his last three years with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Before playing in the NCAA, Melanson played in the USHL for three years and notched 73 points (30g, 43a) over 120 games, according to Elite Prospects.
“One thing I really love about this class is the balance,” Quinn said in a GoTerriers.com press release today. “We’ve got maturity, we’ve got skill, we’ve got physicality, and to top it all off, I really love the character of all these guys. They have a great work ethic and they are definitely going [to] make BU better both on and off the ice.”
Senior defenseman Brandon Hickey will lead the incoming players and rest of the Terriers this season as captain alongside senior forwards Bobo Carpenter and Nik Olsson, and junior forward Jordan Greenway who will serve as assistant captains.
Below is a full list of the incoming players to look for on the ice during the upcoming season:
- Ty Amonte (forward) – Penticton Vees, BCHL
- Shane Bowers (forward) – Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL
- Logan Cokerill (forward) – U.S. National Under-18 Team
- Hank Crone (forward) – Fargo Force, USHL
- Cameron Crotty (defenseman) – Brockville Braves, CCHL
- David Farrance (defenseman) – U.S. National Under-18 Team
- Kasper Kotsansalo (defenseman) – Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL
- Drew Melanson (forward) – Rensselaer, ECAC
- Brady Tkachuk (forward) – U.S. National Under-18 Team
- Jake Witkowski (forward) – Alberni Valley Bulldogs, BCHL
— BU Men's Hockey (@TerrierHockey) September 6, 2017