Assistant captain Alex Chiasson post-game transcript 10/14

On first five minutes of game:
“Obviously it was their first game of the season, and they got going right off the get-go. It’s obviously tough coming in here and not having a warm-up. Guys didn’t even have their sticks taped. I don’t think that’s an excuse, and we only play twice a week and we prepare during the week mentally. They just worked harder than us in the first ten minutes.”

On playing slow against PC on a regular basis: “Every game in the Hockey East is a good game, and personally I think coming here is a tough place to play because it’s so small and there’s not much room to make plays, so you just have to dump it in and play harder. Tonight we didn’t work hard enough, so we just get ready for tomorrow. It’s a big game for us.”

On defensive miscues:
“We obviously have young defensemen, and I’m not here to tell them what to do. They’re good enough and they got here, so they’ll figure it out. The top six defensemen on our team are on the ice, so obviously coach has confidence in them and so do I. They’ll bounce back tomorrow and be ready.”

On freshmen mistakes:
“Obviously it’s a learning process. Being a freshman, guys come at you pretty quick and they’re pretty big too, so first couple games of the season so just learn. It’s a learning process. Get ready for next game.”

On ice conditions:

“It was terrible. It was hard to make good passes and you never knew where the puck was going to go. But it’s the same ice for both teams, and they ended up winning, so you can’t take that as an excuse.”

On troubles breaking into offensive zone:

“I think they were just waiting in the neutral zone, and you can see how small the neutral zone is, and our job is to get by them and dump it in the corner and I didn’t do that. We have to learn and it’s early in the season, and I’m sure guys will be ready for tomorrow.”

On BU’s three goals:
“We got back in the first period, and guys were like, ‘We’re ready to go now.’ We got off to a pretty good start and worked harder than them for a few shifts there, but we weren’t consistent tonight. The effort wasn’t there for myself and the whole team for the 60 minutes. That’s what happens.”

How to help team get ready for Denver:
“You just have to get ready to play, and I think everyone knows Denver is a big team every year. It’s a big challenge for us early in the season, and it’s good for the polls and stuff, so we’re a pretty close team this year with good chemistry, so guys will just get ready to play and it doesn’t matter who we have in front of us.”