From the FreeP: UConn Weekend Roundup

The No. 6 Boston University men’s hockey team split its first Hockey East home-and-home series against the University of Connecticut. On both nights, junior forward and assistant captain Bobo Carpenter, who came into the series with no goals, scored for the Terriers first.

Sophomore defenseman Chad Krys is second on the team with 22 shots. PHOTO BY MADDIE MALHOTRA/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

On Friday, Carpenter found the back of the net twice during the second period, both on a pair of BU penalty kills. However, the stellar performance was not enough and UConn’s two power-play goals kept the contest at a 2-2 draw after 65 minutes.

On Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford, Carpenter continued his success with a hat-trick while sophomore forward Patrick Curry, and senior defenseman and captain Brandon Hickey each got their first goals of the season.

The Terriers’ next matchup will be against the No. 1 University of Denver on Friday night at Agganis Arena and then they will travel to play No. 11 Providence College on Saturday night.

If you have any feedback about the Boston Hockey Blog or the live blog, please leave us comments or message us on Twitter/Facebook. We like hearing your thoughts and want to continue to improve our coverage for you all.

Read our articles from the weekend below:

Friday’s Articles

Recap – “Men’s hockey ties UConn in first Hockey East game

Sider on Carpenter’s two short-handed goal night – “Men’s hockey ties UConn, 2-2, behind stoic effort by Bobo Carpenter

Saturday’s Articles

Recap – “Men’s hockey beats UConn 6-3 on the road, Carpenter with a hat-trick

Sider on BU’s offensive boost from Carpenter’s hat-trick and Curry’s two even strength goals – “Men’s hockey rides offensive surge from Carpenter, Curry for 6-3 win over UConn

Here are some Twitter posts and highlights from the weekend:

1. Good job boys made the trip down a good one… Lwts keep it up!!