Odds and Ends: 20 Questions, Grzelcyk named HE Player of Week

Hey, folks!

It was a pretty successful past week for BU, taking wins against the University of Massachusetts and then-No. 5 Harvard University (a wild one at that). The Terriers will look to build off that when they go into a two-game series against No. 4 Boston College this weekend.

We just wanted to catch everyone up on some tidbits that you might have missed.

Matt Grzelcyk was named both Hockey East Player of the Week and NCAA Hockey’s Second Star of the Week for his four goals and one assist in two games against Harvard and UMass.

-BU’s two wins moved them up one spot to No. 10 in the USCHO.com Poll. The Terriers sit at No. 9 in Pairwise.

-Get to know BU newcomers Oskar Andren and Erik Udahl a little better with the 20 Questions Sarah and Judy asked them.

-Sarah also joined WEEI’s Scott McLaughlin on his College Puckcast to discuss the upcoming games against BC. Give it a listen.

-Ryan Lambert of Puck Daddy looked at BC’s newest goalie, Ian Milosz, and how he performed well in place of Thatcher Demko against No. 3 Providence College.

Tweet of the Week

1. Welcome to BU Oskar and Erik! Just thought I would share the latest in 2016 Mock Drafts:

https://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=797225&navid=nhl:topheads

One-sixth of the 2016 NHL first round will be BU players/recruits (as of now).

2. That is very impressive,IT will be a very interesting season if they all show up.I don’t see any reason why they won’t.

3. Yes, what is even more impressive than meets the eye is that Bellows and Keller have been developing amazing chemistry in the USNTDP this season.

4. They will definitely be line-mates in 2016-2017. I can’t imagine that DQ would separate them. Can you imagine the productivity that our top two lines will have next season?

5. I am more concerned and focused on this season. In particular this weekend. Two huge games against the beagles. Next year will take care of it self. I would not speculate who will be on the team until the season begins.

6. Larry, I am focused very much on this season too … and am excited (and anxious) about this weekend. At the same time, I can’t help but think about next season … as it could be a historical one. I am not much for multi-tasking; but I can focus on both this season and next season LOL. BTW, I like that name, the Beagles haha. Never heard that one before. As for this weekend, I think staying out of the sin-bin, and avoiding early deficits … will be the keys to success.

• I agree Glenn 100%,very concerned and focused on this season,but how can you not be extremely excited about next year?I don’t know,maybe some people are afraid that NCAA trophy may return to the BU campus,just a guess.

7. Glenn
    I agree coming out fast , especially the first ten minutes. I cannot remember when B.U. scored the first goal in game or won after scoring first . Usually two goals down before the team is focused. I would not recommend that formula this weekend.

8. this weekend will come down to the goalies. mcguire needs to step like he had against Q

colin white scares me

i hate the fact that they basically own us at aggannis. check the records i know we do fairly well against them at their rink but i want to hold serve at our barn. those are the games i see in person

9. Roll 4 lines to start good clean breakouts. Beat bc up down low. Good production from all 4 lines will be secret to slow bc down. Shots need to be on net and get through. Go bu?

10. BU Hockey 7
    It seems like you and Glenn are giving up on this season. I admit so far very disappointing but there is still time but no wiggle room. It is nice to allegedly out recruit the team up the street but it is meaningless if it doesn’t translate to victories on the ice. Certainly a blown opportunity last week and now B.U. is 13th in the pairwise and moving in the wrong direction. These are facts not fantasy. Also please note all decks were on hand last week and except for Olson they are a healthy team.
    B.U. loses a lot of talent to graduation next year and I expect some expected to return will leave and some of this prized freshman recruits could explore other options. It never works out they way you expect. It not only goes for B.U. but also for all other schools.