Off-Ice News

Kim Brandvold hired as men’s hockey assistant coach

By Mark Fraenkel

Boston University men’s hockey head coach Jay Pandolfo announced the hiring of Kim Brandvold as assistant coach on Thursday. 

“I’m thrilled that Kim is joining our staff,” Pandolfo said in a press release. “He is one of the most well-respected skills coaches in the game who has helped develop some of the elite skaters in professional hockey.”

Brandvold comes to the Terriers after spending the last seven years with the Boston Bruins. He was tasked with serving as a skating and skills coach for the team. In addition, he helped the organization’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Providence Bruins. 

Originally from Oslo, Norway, Brandvold was also the head coach of Central Catholic High School’s team. Per the Eagle Tribune, Brandvold had a 39-9-3 record at Central Catholic and his team qualified for the state’s prestigious Super 8 tournament twice.  

Central Catholic athletic director at the time, Ernie DiFiore, told the Eagle Tribune that Brandvold “was such a huge part of our program. He’s a great coach and a great person.”

At UMass Lowell, Brandvold played in 86 games across four seasons. Additionally, he represented Norway at both the U18 and U20 levels. 

Brandvold’s hiring seems to close out the coaching staff roster for the upcoming season. In Pandolfo’s first season at BU, his associate head coach will be alum and former UConn associate coach Joe Pereira. With Brandvold at the assistant role, Doug Friedman will serve as the Director of Hockey Operation, Brian Daccord as goaltending coach, and Jon Sherman as video coach.

1. I like it, I like it, i like it

can not wait to see the first round of new recruits this regime brings in

drop the puck