THT Podcast

Terrier Hockey Talk (Beanpot Edition): February 13, 2020

In this week’s episode of Terrier Hockey Talk, Brady Gardner and Patrick Donnelly discuss a pair of double-overtime Beanpot Final losses for the BU men’s and women’s hockey teams, analyzing what went wrong for the Terriers both nights. They also get into the road ahead for both teams, and how the Hockey East standings look at this point.

Click here to listen!

1. Hey Brady and friends! I appreciate that you broached the topic of what our 2020-2021 team will look like, though I am still maintaining hope that we can win a HE title this season (possible but not probable). So, can we discuss who you think those early departures will be? And, for each of those “flight risk” guys, assign a maybe leaving or definitely leaving. I am thinking of two guys (a forward and d-man) who I feel will definitely be leaving as soon as our season ends. Still, next season seems to be the first season in a long time (probably since the Eichel season) where we will have both an elite freshmen class AS WELL AS returning members of the sophomore, junior and senior classes who can be expected to have significant point production … not to mention a PC transfer who is tearing it up in the BCHL. The one excuse we finally won’t be able to have next season is that we’re a young team.

• Hi Glenn! You seem to be on the right track – we don’t have any inside info here but it’s easy to guess that Farrance and Zegras will likely be moving on, and as a junior who has played a lot of minutes in all phases, we could see Crotty potentially joining them too. As you said, though, the 2020-21 roster is shaping up to be pretty dangerous, but that is a long ways away so the focus certainly remains on this season.