Opinions

The Top Five Moments from Friday’s BU win at Merrimack

BU came back from two goals down to beat Merrimack 3-2 on Friday night at North Andover’s Lawler Rink. Here are the top five moments I picked out from the game.

5. Fensore does it himself

Down two goals on their first power play of the game with just over six minutes left in the second period, the Terriers got on the board thanks to an individual rush by Dom Fensore, getting by a Warrior defender and picking the top corner for his third goal of the season.

4. Walsh and Kimens combine

Regan Kimens doubled Merrimack’s lead 11 minutes into the second period, but most of the heavy lifting was done by Liam Walsh, who stole the puck in the neutral zone and sent Kimens in alone with a pass between two defenders.

3. Wise gets his first as a Terrier

Often described as snake-bitten through his career thus far, Jake Wise finally lit the lamp for the first time as a Terrier with 15:25 left in the third period, beating Troy Kobryn to tie the game at the time.

2. Uens’s goal comes off the board

With Merrimack searching for a tying goal late in the third period, Zach Uens found the back of the net from range. After a conversation among the officials, however, the goal was canceled out due to too many men on the ice for the Warriors.

1. DeBoer puts BU on top

Concluding a flurry of goals for the Terriers, Jack DeBoer scored the go-ahead goal 4:49 into the third period off of a rebound created by Case McCarthy’s shot from distance. The sophomore’s third goal of the season proved to be the eventual game-winner.