Live Blog: BU @ UMaine, 3/9 @ 7:30pm

Join here!

Closing out regular season play, the Boston University men’s hockey team will face off against the University of Maine at Alfond Arena in Orono at 7:30pm. The Terriers and Black Bears will meet for the final contest of any Hockey East regular season game, as all nine other teams concluded play last night or earlier this week.

Last night’s results had some major implications on the conference standings. Northeastern’s win over UNH made them the three seed, so BU will be the four or five seed and UMass Lowell will be other, meaning BU and UML will meet in the first round.

Lowell’s tie vs. UVM opened the door for the Terriers to overtake UML with a win at Maine, holding the same total points and head-to-head wins as the RiverHawks, but gaining the tiebreaker through total conference wins, which would become 13 if BU can take down UMaine.

In short, a win tonight for BU would make the Terriers the hosts for the first round series against UMass Lowell. With a loss or tie, UML would retain the fourth seed, and BU would travel to Lowell for the series.

The regular season has come down to the wire, so don’t miss a second of this crucial finale by joining our live blog for constant coverage and conversation throughout the game! Coverage will start at 7:25pm, with puck drop set for 7:30.