Slideshow: Terriers trounced at home by Boston College 5-1

By Sarah Fisher/DFP Staff

1. Grzelcyk was an awesome -3. Can this guy hurry up and leave so we can get some real defensemen? Or how about making him a 4th line forward where his skills would reflect where he belongs??!!

• Why won’t DQ bench Grzelcyk for his horrific play. He is the team’s worst +/- player and the prime reason why opposing forward go around our defensemen like they were traffic cones. In fact, it would take more effort to go around a traffic cone then it would be to go around Grzelcyk.

2. We just got beat by the youngest team in college hockey with the youngest player in college hockey in goal. What does that say about out “young team”? DQ is quickly running out of excuses.

3. DQ showed no passion. Did he realize we were playing BC? Maybe it’s time DQ sat back and decide if he’s cut out to be a coach.

• DQ needs to be demoted to recruiter and we need to hire a better coach.

• Lololol maybe YOU could be the next couch?? What a pack of morons with these idiotic posts. Newsflash…The coach doesn’t go on the ice

4. DQ is not the problem. Parker left this teams well short of quality players to take on the best of college hockey. He, Parker, would not shed Bavis even though he must have known that he was not doing the job. Shame on him. This was one of the weakest lineups I have ever seen to face BC in all my years of following the program. It will take two years to make this a good team that can compete with the elite. I am sad!!!!!!!!!!!

• BC is 8th. They are not the best in college hockey. And Coach Parker left DQ with plenty of talent. DQ just doesn’t have the ability to be an average coach. Imagine what York could do with this team!!!

• U say Parker left quinn a talented team u can’t be serious????? Look at duane can’t skate,collier is just awful def not ready for this league. all these guys are all Parker and bavis so quinn has to work with what he has …. give him a chance when his coaching staff etc do some recruiting …u people make me laugh … unreal u watched bc freshman class and u see ours not even close that’s all Davis kids so relax on dq.. R.e

• Who is “Davis”? Were you drunk when you wrote this?

• DQ doesn’t have the ability?? Apparently you haven’t read his resume. And what’s your hockey expertise? Pee wee? Bantams? Oh wait….Club Hockey right? Pssshhhtt

• DQ’s resume says he never won anything as a head coach. And as a head coach, he has a losing record with the most recent loss being a complete humuliation to our biggest rival.

5. A first year coach needs a wide berth. Look at York’s early BC teams, and he came in as a NCAA Championship coach.

Patience. After 2 years maybe even I will be griping.

• 2 years? Our already dying attendance will be completely gone in after another year of losing. We need to win now. Anything less than a Beanpot and Hockey East title should get DQ fired.

6. Why do all the BU haters continue to waste our time on this blog? Quinn is not the problem, at least not yet. He inherited in my opinion, one of the slowest and most talent-deprived teams I’ve ever seen for BU (that’s saying something considering some of the teams in the late 90’s when we suffered through the Scott Perry’s and Greg Quebec’s of the world). BC is young, but did people see how good Fitzgerald, McCoshen, Santini, & the rest of that freshman us?! We tried getting Matheson, he chose BC, get over it. Just be realistic, O’Regan is our only top 6 forward that would crack BC’s lineup…and NONE of our defensemen besides Grizzy would play for BC or most teams in hockey east. Give Quinn a chance to build “his” team. And finally, attendance has been bad at Agganis for a long time, even in 2009 when the won the national championship. If you hate Quinn and this regime so much, find another team. We don’t want you on the bandwagon when things turn around.

• Did Grzelcyk write the last post? There’s no way a “defenseman” who doesn’t play defense and has the worse +/- on the team would ever play at BC.

• yeah, because +/- is the only indication of how well a player plays on defense…Tyler Seguin was in the top 10 in +/- last year, think that’s because he’s a great defensive player or because he plays with Bergeron…but you know it all though obviously

• So Grzelcyk is blaming his defensive partner for his worse +/- n the team? Way to stab your teammate in the back Grzelcyk!!!

• If Grzelcyk wore an orange jersey during a game, I’d mistake him for a traffic cone.

• I’d blame my defense partner if I was Grizzy, have you seen how bad MacGregor is?! He can’t skate!!

• How does Grzelcyk explain why opposing forward go around him like he was standing still?

7. When this does turn around, &it will, what will all the haters be blogging then.They gave DO a 5 yr deal for a reason, it takes time to build a good hockey team.And obviously we don’t have any TALENT close to what BE has,ie.people who can put the puck in the net!!!

8. Lolol omg, there is just no arguing with your obvious lack of hockey knowledge. According top you, you know more than the bu athletic director, Parker and the rest of the hockey world who all agreed quinn was the best choice. Maybe your should petition to be on the next hiring committee…since you’re the hockey Einstein.

9. Okay, I anonymously posted about patience earlier, but reading what some of you have written, I am coming around.

We’ve given Quinn over a month now, and has he given us-
    0 Beanpots
    0 Hockey East, and neither regular season or playoffs.
    0 NCAA titles
    0 Frozen Fours
    0 NCAA appearances

It disgusts me. They should have fired him back in June, and his replacement should be fired by now.

• The DQ apologist are out in full force. Is every member of DQ’s family defending him? We are BU – our team and coaches are judged by results. DQ is under .500. DQ’s players are not motivated. DQ’s defensemen cannot play defense. DQ’s forward cannot score. Every time DQ opens his mouth, he sounds like Obama making grand speeches but delivering nothing. Mark Bavis would have been a better coach than this stiff.

• I assume you mean Mike Bavis- the person in large part responsible for recruiting the players on this under .500 team. DQ is fighting an uphill battle. You can’t teach talent, and this team is woefully subpar when it comes to talent.

• Do you mean the same Mike Bevis who could NOT LAND A COACHING JOB ANYWHERE IN COLLEGE HOCKEY AFTER 14 PLUS Yrs BEHIND THE BENCH AT BU, after his ‘Resignation’…..

10. DQ is a good recruiter but a lousy coach. Can DQ just be the head recruiter on this team?

11. DQ is coaching a team that was recruited entirely by the Parker/Bavis regime. New coaches deserve time to make the team their own. How come no attention has been paid to the stellar recruits that have been committed lately by the new coaching staff? Some of them have been reported on this blog, but the haters only want to focus on the negative. There is a reason that Greeley has been absent from the bench as of late. He’s flying all over the place to get talented players for the future of the program. Clayton Keller, Maxim Letunov, Vas Kolias. They’re not just relying on the New England pipeline anymore. The future will be bright, but new coaches deserve time. Why are objective, educated hockey critics more understanding that the so called “fans” and “friends of BU hockey?”

12. Longtime BU hockey fan and still way to early to make snap judgments, but just wanted to point out that this statement : “Parker and the rest of the hockey world who all agreed quinn was the best choice,” is inaccurate.

13. how that is inaccurate? maybe I should’ve said, “the majority of the articles I read” ask agreed….

14. Hockey East just chose DQ as its Hockey East Coach of the Weak for letting out biggest rival steamroll us on our home ice. Way to go DQ! Updated your resume yet?

15. Hmm….I guess you know more about hockey than them too?

16. I was driving on Comm Ave and went around a traffic cone. I though it was Grzelcyk that I went around.

17. As a season ticket holder for over 20 plus seasons, I have watched many talented teams play for BU, THIS 2013 is got to be the least talented group.As far as DQ coaching ability, that remains to be seen. IT is way too early to pass judgement.I believe he will be a good coach.The BC loss was the 1st game the terriers were not in contention to win, every other loss could have gone either way…

18. Grzelcyk should be the Hockey East Defensive Player of the WEAK for his -3 against BC.

19. Most of our offensive and defensive problems would not exist if Nieto and the Privitera brothers were hear. Unfortunately, they bailed as soon as they heard DQ was going to be the new coach. Players like Noonan probably wish they had left too because DQ’s “leadership and coaching” are destroying their potential NHL careers.

20. How can anyone make a judgment on David Quinn after 9 games. I’ll guess that those who have jumped to rediculously premature conclusions are the same people who wanted Jack Parker’s skalp in 2008. Let David build his team. Give him a chance to coach his players. Then make a judgment. Until then, just shut up. You sound like dolts.

21. Oh I’m sorry, I thought Matt nieto left to sign with the sharks??? And the alexx privitera that missed the final 13 because he got suspended??? Baby brother jarrid knew he wouldn’t get to act like an idiot too. Both undisciplined and a sense of entitlement. Man your are such a loser, Get your facts straight. Go tell Quinn this stuff and let the real fans discuss hockey and give educated opinions rather than listen to you spewing your obvious jealousy of quinn.omg, wait, you’re in love with quinn aren’t you??? lololol
    Ps guess you didn’t attend BU since you don’t know the difference between “here” and”hear”.

22. Great post!!The moron probably didn’t graduate high school, never mind BU!!!-GREAT SPELLING-HEAR & HERE…..SO FUNNY.

23. Getting crushed by a very young and average BC team is really killing our program. Fans are turning on each. Players and a certain coach are being called out for their incompetence. Coach Parker – please come back!

• You call.A team ranked #7 average??
      Fans aren’t turning on each other, its the same ignorant, ill informed hockey guy wanna be that’s posting all the negative stuff. Matter of fact, your post sounds like something like his…”getting crushed” ” coach`s incompetence…”
      Go back to the first 3 or 4 articles of the season when they win the first 2…NO COMMENTS at all…crazy huh?

• What does “call.A” mean? Is that a secret code word for DQ family members who are here to defend his incompetence? Or are you the same guy from above who can’t spell and having an argument with yourself?

• bwahahahahahaha…..still a loser.

24. Amazing – 46 replies on this one post is more than all the replies for all the posts from this season combined. We can always count on a BC game to boost our attendance and revive interest in a program even as boring as one led by someone like DQ. Thank you BC!