BREAKING NEWS: Warsofsky will likely miss Friday’s game

By Scott McLaughlin/DFP Staff

Sophomore defenseman David Warsofsky will likely miss Friday night’s game at Northeastern with an injury to the adductor muscles in his hip, according to BU coach Jack Parker.

Warsofsky –– who was named Hockey East Player of the Week after recording two goals, an assist and a plus-4 rating in a weekend split with UMass-Lowell –– suffered the injury Saturday night when defensive partner and senior alternate captain Eric Gryba took both him and a UML player out with a big hit behind the Terrier net. Warsofsky stayed in the game, but the injury proved to be more serious than the team initially thought.

Warsofsky has been skating in practice, but has not participated in any contact drills this week. Parker said that if Warsofsky is unable to go, freshman Ben Rosen, who has yet to play a regular-season game, will be paired with Gryba.

Megan could miss Friday’s game

Freshman forward Wade Megan missed Wednesday’s practice because he had to go home for a funeral, and Parker said that if he is not back in time for Thursday’s practice, he won’t play Friday –– not as any form of punishment, but simply because he won’t be prepared enough. If Megan is out, sophomore Ross Gaudet will move up to center a line with Chris Connolly and Vinny Saponari.

Other injury updates

Junior center Nick Bonino (dislocated right shoulder) has been skating in non-contact drills all week and Parker said he “feels great,” but added that the alternate captain definitely won’t be back this weekend. Parker said the team’s being very cautious with Bonino because they want the muscles in his shoulder to contract more, noting that if he dislocates it a second time, the muscles will stay stretched out.

Sophomore goalie Grant Rollheiser (high ankle sprain) is still week-to-week, according to Parker, and will not be in the lineup this weekend. Parker said that Rollheiser’s been participating in every drill in practice, but that it’s just a hard injury for a goalie to come back from, noting that when then-senior Karson Gillespie suffered the same injury two years ago, it took him two months to come back. Rollheiser has missed five weeks so far.

1. GRYBA stop smashing your own teammates….

2. Let’s hope this is it from the injury bug. They were very fortunate last year as there were no major losses.