Live Blog: BU hosts Notre Dame for Friday night clash

The regular season is winding down, and the No. 6 Boston University men’s hockey team is hosting No. 13 University of Notre Dame this Friday night at 6 p.m.

The game is being broadcast nationally on the American Sports Network and regionally on NESN. Per usual, we’ll be live for all the action and have stories postgame.

Follow along on our live blog below and chime in with your thoughts!

Live Blog BU vs. Notre Dame – Friday night

Lines

1. I’m a big David Quinn fan but after watching Somerby play his best game of the year tonight, I’m wondering why it took this long to get him going? Add that to the fact that Quinn just hasn’t been able to find the right combination with the forward lines, and I think it’s fair for him to face a bit of heat. There’s simply too much talent for the power play to look so putrid. I really think the WJC has come back to hurt BU more than help them, which is shocking and disappointing at the same time.

2. Coach can’t get on the ice and play on the power play. Coach has said many times what needs to take place for the power play to produce. The bottom line is BU needs to be more aggressive in front of the net never mind this saucer pass cross corner crap find a open guy and shoot. Then get rebound it’s that easy. Go bu? Big 2pts tonight

3. Quinn should face some heat, not a lot, but some. Both this year and last BU didn’t look sharp at the end of the year.