Max Prawdzik to leave the Terriers, play in the NAHL

Sophomore goaltender Max Prawdzik will leave Boston University before the second semester begins, according to Jeff Cox of SB Nation.

Prawdzik, who has never appeared in a regular season game for the Terriers, is expected to play for the Lone Star Brahmas of the North American Hockey League. There is a possibility he could return to BU at the start of next season.

The Andover native excelled at Brooks School, where he was named ISL Hockey League Most Valuable Player in 2015. He led Brooks School to a 2015 New England Prep Large School Championship.

Prawdzik’s departure for the NAHL means that BU head coach David Quinn and staff may have to add an emergency goaltender before their Jan. 5 game versus Union College. With freshman netminder Jake Oettinger at the World Junior Championship, junior Connor LaCouvee could be the only available goaltender if Team USA reaches the Bronze Medal game. LaCouvee has allowed four goals and made 60 saves in two starts.

1. Son of Caesar Carlaci

Just seems strange that anyone would leave college to play in a not so great a league. It is as if going to college is not that a big a deal. I don’t get it.

2. Well. if Jake is going to be a healthy scratch for the entire tournament, let him go back to BU.

3. That would be awful if Jake doesn’t get to play and we can’t have him play against Union.