Reports: Danny O’Regan signs with San Jose Sharks

Boston University men’s hockey senior assistant captain Danny O’Regan has signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the San Jose Sharks, Bob McKenzie reported on Friday. San Jose drafted O’Regan in 2012 in the fifth round with the 138th overall pick. 

In his senior year in 2015-16, he led his team in scoring with 44 points (17 goals, 27 assists). He recorded his second career hat trick in a tie against the University of New Hampshire on Feb. 19. Hockey East awarded him with First Team All-Star honors for the 2015-16 season, after he finished third in the league with 28 conference points.

He was previously named to the 2014-15 Second Team and the All-Rookie Team in 2012-13.

O’Regan completed his Boston University career with 154 points in 154 games in a Terrier uniform. He is just one of 18 BU players in history to finish with 150 career points, and is tied for 15th place on the all-time scoring list. He has the highest career point total of any Terrier since Chris Drury finished with 214 points in 1998.

In all four seasons, he finished in the top three on the team in scoring, with his highest-scoring season coming during his 50-point junior season.

John Buccigross indicated on Tuesday that O’Regan would sign with the Sharks.

1. Congratulations Danny! Thanks for being a great Terrier … in every way possible.

2. Congratulations! Best of luck!!