Sources: David Quinn to suspend players for Friday’s game vs. Northeastern

By Tim Healey/DFP Staff

A number of Boston University men’s hockey players will be suspended for Friday night’s game with Northeastern University, sources confirmed to The Daily Free Press.

The exact number of players being disciplined is unclear, but sources indicate at least three players will be benched Friday.

The highlights of the game were supposed to be a pregame senior ceremony and the first-intermission Jack Parker number retirement ceremony. It’s also a crucial Hockey East game as the 10th-place Terriers jostle for seeding during the final weekend of the regular season.

The BC Hockey Blog was the first to report the news.

UPDATE, 4:43 p.m.: BU’s official lineup is as follows:

Evan Rodrigues – Robbie Baillargeon – Danny O’Regan
Brendan Collier –  Cason Hohmann – Kevin Duane
Tommy Kelley – Dillon Lawrence – T.J. Ryan
Matt Lane – Mike Moran – Jake Moscatel
Garrett Noonan – Matt Ronan
Ahti Oksanen – Patrick MacGregor
Doyle Somerby – Dalton MacAfee
Sean Maguire
Matt O’Connor
Anthony Moccia

1. JP Night on a night with multiple players suspended? What a perfect and fitting end to the JP Era at BU.

2. Isn’t this also senior night? I’d like to see that get top billing over Parker night.

3. “The BC Hockey Blog was the first to report the news”

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. AHHH. Perfect ending for a man who lost his way in the 1990’s.

Coach Quinn – Good luck going forward, You will need it.

5. how does the BC Hockey blog break so many BU stories ?

6. So, 3 players were suspended, but all but one of the players in the program not injured dressed for the game. So, how is this 3 players suspended? Did they suspend Grzelyck and perhaps one of the players who would have played this year but didn’t. Oh, I know, it was Sam Kurker. Oh, no, Kurker left the team, like the BC Hockey Blog said he did. But didn’t they also say that Collier left the team?
    I guess at the BC Hockey Blog, you don’t have to be perfect. You just have to have true scoops more often than not.