From the FreeP: TOPPLED OVER: BU falls to BC in 1st round of Beanpot

By Meredith Perri/DFP Staff

Already in a 2-0 hole during the second half of the middle frame, the Boston University men’s hockey team found itself with another disadvantage. As freshman defenseman Doyle Somerby skated off the ice with a game misconduct, the Terriers would need to kill off a five-minute major penalty and deal with losing a defenseman from an already thin lineup.

As the minutes ticked away, the Terriers (8-15-3, 3-8-2 Hockey East) displayed one of their most impressive penalty kills of the season. Those five minutes of strong play, however, meant little as the Terriers could not overcome an early deficit during Monday’s 3-1 Beanpot opener loss to No. 2 Boston College at TD Garden.

“Boy, I can’t tell you how proud I am of our players,” said BU coach David Quinn. “We competed from the drop of the puck until the whistle blew.

For more, read dailyfreepress.com 

1. I agree with DQ. Everyone played awesome. They all deserve gold stars and a miniature Beanpot trophy.

• You win the award for dumbest comment. Stop harassing our coach, we all know you are secretly in love with him, but alas, he will never go out with you!

2. Is Moran OK? He got DESTROYED by a BC player.

• Was he the guy that went for a big hit then got crush and somersaulted into the air? I can’t believe he managed to stay in the game.