Terriers’ season ends in loss to Minnesota

By Annie Maroon/DFP Staff

ST. PAUL, Minn. — On Saturday, the No. 8/10 Boston University men’s hockey team’s season ended with a 7-3 loss to the No. 6 University of Minnesota in the NCAA Regionals. Minnesota outshot the Terriers 42-34 and scored two empty-net goals to ice the game, which saw BU rack up 29 penalty minutes.

“Kind of a bizarre game in that there were times when both teams had pretty good territorial advantages and both teams looked okay,” said BU coach Jack Parker. “I thought Minnesota had the best of it as the game progressed. I was really impressed with the Minnesota goaltender. I thought he had a nice night for them.”

About six minutes into the first period, senior goalie Kieran Millan lost track of a rebound that wound up behind him, and Gopher forward Kyle Rau poked it into the net nearly six minutes into the first.

Minnesota (27-13-1) led 1-0 through the rest of the first as each team picked up three penalties. Then, with Gopher forward Nico Sacchetti in the box for goaltender interference, junior forward Wade Megan evened the score for BU (23-15-1) 7:49 into the second.

Read more at dailyfreepress.com.

1. doesn’t really matter for Minnesota is here today and gone tomorrow….a victim of the Fighting Sioux.

• Nah. UND beat the Gophs in the WCHA playoffs, but we remember. It ain’t gonna happen twice. 🙂

2. I am a season ticket holder and I feel that I have the right to see changes. I’m not saying Parker must go, but he does need to take a step back and evaluate his coaching style. And he needs to consider making changes to his staff. They clearly are not getting through to this team on and off the ice. I feel like this group actually gave effort, however discipline on and off the ice is certainly lacking. Parker needs to accept that and make changes because this has become a trend.

Just a few thoughts from a loyal fan.

• Jack must go!

• All the players Parker recruits have no desire for a degree. Those who do get booted from the team like Glass. Parker cannot compete with Nirtheast schools with far better academics that some recruits care about.

3. If we hadn’t played so lousy down the stretch, we could have been in the Union bracket and on our way to the Frozen Four right now.

4. i shudder to think about the self-imposed penalties that the hockey team will incur as a result of the findings from this internal investigation. face it – this administration does not really support sports at BU